We want to hear from you if you have any comments, suggestions or compliments about our services or staff.

How to Complain

We define a complaint as ‘any oral or written expression of dissatisfaction by any person, however made, about the service, action or inaction of Oaklee Housing or its officers which requires a response’.

The Association has implemented a dedicated Customer Services Centre for you to report repairs or make general housing enquiries.

You can make a complaint using the following methods:

Oaklee Housing

132 James’s street


D08 PK25

Our first action will be to consider if we can resolve your concern immediately. If we can’t, we will register your complaint. We aim to acknowledge all complaints within one working day.


Local Resolution

Problems can be raised informally in the first instance. Please discuss your concerns with your Scheme Coordinator, Housing Officer, Property Services Officer or Development Officer. Where a complainant is unhappy with the initial response, he or she has the opportunity to appeal to a higher level within Oaklee Housing. We will fully investigate all reasonable complaints made about our service and aim to find a solution as quickly as possible. Where we cannot resolve the issue immediately, you can ask to have your complaint dealt with through our three stage complaints procedure.


  • Once you register your complaint with the Customer Services Officer you will be sent a letter of acknowledgement on the date of receipt.
  • Your complaint will be passed to a Senior Manager nominated by Chief Executive Officer.
  • We aim to respond to you within 14 working days.

Stage 2

  • If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you must contact Oaklee Housing within 28days from the date of the Stage 1 response informing us as to why you are dissatisfied and how you would like us to resolve it.
  • We will forward your complaint to the Chief Executive Officer who will review and investigate.
  • We will reply to you within 20 working days.

Stage 3

  • Once the internal complaints procedure has been completed you have the right to take your complaint to Residential Tenancies Board.
  • Oaklee will co-operate fully in the course of any investigation carried out by the Residential Tenancies Board.
  • There are two options as to how the Residential Tenancies Board will deal with a complaint; either Mediation or Adjudication.
  • For Further information please contact the Residential Tenancies Board Po Box 47, Clonakilty, County Cork. Tel: 0818 30 30 37, Website : www.prtb.ie e-mail: disputes@prtb.ie


Independent Advice

In order to ensure impartiality, Oaklee Housing reserves the right to engage the services of the Residential Tenancies Board (RTB) to comment on how we conducted our investigation. Before sending a complaint, please consider if Oaklee Housing is the appropriate body to complain to about your issue.

Pay Now